Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A bikes unWHEELINGness to cooperate

Every good picture leaves the painter eager to start again, unsatisfied, inspired by the rich mine in which he is working, hoping for more energy, more vitality, more time - condemned to painting for life-John French Sloan

After five days of my cleanse, I feel as though I cheated myself (per instructions, some people do it for only three days). However, they recommend ten days. So of course that means that I am going to start again. Ten days strong. Unsatisfied, hoping for more energy, and NO more time, I have decided to go full speed. By the end of the month (anniversary time), I intend on getting back in the shape that I was initially in a few months ago, BUT even better. After all, they say the biggest room in the house is improvement.

After giving up a six months lifestyle of vegetarianism, I didn't feel like myself and felt as though I gave up on something I was passionate about. So a few days without meat taking up residence in my body, I feel awesome.

Today, my husband and I tried something different for our morning walk. He'd jog the wooded trails and I would ride my bike. Well that didn't go as planned. I got a few feet down the trail and realized that the bike no longer wanted to move. He was a mottle in the wind before me as I continued to try and pedal my bike in the thickish trails. So, we decided to aggravate the streets and drivers and get back on the road. Needless to say, I redeemed myself and was pedaling as if Jeffrey Dahmer was right behind me with a knife, fork, and a huge appetite. I blame the inability to ride the wooded trails on an old antiquated dilapidated bike. The back wheel is bent, and that's the story I'm sticking to. At any rate, my implementation of biking again has been fun. I love to ride and people watch.

Well it's tea time and afterwards, time for this painter to get some shut-eye. Until then, get your sweaty back. Side note: this was a sleepy rambling post.

No comments:

Post a Comment