Monday morning walk was....Peculiar. First, of course it started out with getting the kids off to school. Then, we headed for our morning jog in the wooded trails with our dog, Violet. My pace, breathing, spirit...everything was excellent. We finally hit the rocky wooded trails and in less than 20 seconds it was over. Why, you ask? Well, if you remember I have a pair of Reebok's that I thought loved talking to me for many years. However, today I found out the hard way that they, for whatever reason decided to yell all kind of profanities at me and tried to take me DOWN. All this time I thought maybe they would be there to talk to me on those lonely walks, when my husband didn't come along.
The rubber at the bottom of the right shoe literally detached halfway in the middle of the shoe, almost causing me to fall a few times while jogging. I was stooped, wondering how am I going to get home with these evil Reebok's? Well, it's always good to have a husband with a brain. He pulled some of the shoe strings from the top and tied it into the grooves at the bottom of the shoe. Pretty clever. However, that was it for the wooded trails. That temporary fix would not get me through moist unaligned grass. So,we took to the streets. I suppose the shoe felt bad because my husband and I were able to do about 2 miles on the streets.
I'm not the one to hold grudges and put people out, however, I am on my way to Academy. The Reebok's, though they allowed for the 2 miles, has given me trouble for too long. Or is it the other way around? At any rate, mama needs a new pair of shoes in order to continue with my beautiful morning jogs and cycling.
Until then, I'll be enjoying quiet time from those who shouldn't be talking to me anyway. Happy Thursday.
My mother always said women need, food, water, compliments & an occasional pair of shoes! I see and appreciate the irony of that staement while reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteI hope that your dogs (feet) aren't barking too loudly, but it's so encouraging to see you and your husband doing things together!
When people look back upon their lives, they think about the small moments that make life so memorable. I'm sure that times like these will bring a smile on your face for years to come.
I know reading this particular blog, brought one to mine!