Today my husband and I were back on schedule. Full workout mode. Speaking of which for the past couple of weeks, I have gotten acclimated to doing cardio by myself, which means I love a good 25 2 1/2 powerwalk on the streets verses the wooded trails. My husband says that the concrete is harsh on his knees. Therefore, he prefers a quick, heart racing jog in the trails where the grass is often dewy enough to dirty up my shoes and wet my socks. Not only that, the ground is unleveled and I often find myself swaying from side to side to keep from twisting my ankle.
My husband is very competitive so if I am even near him, which I'm usually not because he jogs too fast, he speeds up and continues with the irritation, "Come on. Get your heart racing." it's more like get it stopping if I don't slow down at my own pace. Initially, the morning jogs were awesome. I enjoyed the company, conversations, and security. However, I think it's time to start back hitting the pavement by myself. I am a hypochondriac and I think my heart is still thinking about having an attack.
Until next time go at it at your own speed.
No comments:
Post a Comment