Saturday, August 13, 2011

Seemingly always screaming mother..


Someone telling you how much of a good mother you are, the times you spend laughing and playing with your kids, and etc., will never abate the fact that as a mother you always feel a sparse amount of failure. A feeling that you could have done something different, gave more kisses, hugs, closed the computer, or canceled your plans just to see that little pint-sized smile, though small, weighed tons on your heart.

The past few days I've been working non stop to get the house and kids organized for school. Yet, at the same time, I've tried to bring a little fun and happiness in their lives. But, we know what the biggest room in the house is.

. To get to the point, about an hour ago my daughter and another unmentioned person, told me that I yell too much. A YELLER! Initially, my heart bled. I couldn't have felt any lower. I Stopped for a minute and listened to what was being said (felt) with an open mind, and I immediately hugged my daughter and apologized.

Lesson learned? Maye, sometimes I need to put my feet in their little shoes and possibly, I'll feel their pain (ten fold). Secondly, I've learned the hard way; that personal time and outings, BY YOURSELF, will help you keep mentally and physically grounded. Thereby, finding much happiness in anxiously coming home and seeing those beautiful faces again. Lastly, I've learned to cherish the hugs, kisses, and demanded time. You can never get it back. So for now, I'll end here and go bask in the overabundance of blessings I was given.

Until nest time...

No comments:

Post a Comment