Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tranquility sPARKs

Today was my eldest daughters last day of Apple Camp. There she wrote a short story (2 minutes in length) and animated the storyline. The camp taught her how to make music on garage band, make a movie (i.e., editing, applying the music, etc), and insert her music into different scenes. She and her fellow camper’s had the pleasure of watching their movie at the Apple Camp Festival. I must say, I was extremely proud of her and the fact that her storyline was applicable to what is going on today. Bullying.

After leaving camp, we sought out to do something else besides return home. Google, helped us find a beautiful park near our downtown theatre district. My 5 year old came up with the coolest earthy idea to sit under shade trees and draw pictures of the dreams we talked about on our way to the park. Needless to say, after we got there and took a few pictures of the beautiful picturesque sculptures that gives life to the park, my son skateboarded a bit, and my little one and I fed a beautiful tree our signatures with a now warped mailbox key, then it was time for us to go. Why? Because my eldest daughter DSI game sat at the bottom of a pool of water, only to be discovered it no longer had life. Saddened by this, she had a chance to realize that it felt like 103 degrees out and was immediately ready to go.

On our way back to the car, my creative minded toddler was determined to draw her picture and commenced to finding a spot on the bird and human excretion ladened steps and drew her picture. As I waited for her to finish her masterpiece, I saw a pair of sultry red shoes that were walked by a pair of aesthetic elongated legs. Atop, the frame of an intrinsic belle with gorg hair and a fierce physiognomy completed the search of defining strength, intellect, and true beauty. If she ever reads this, I hope she sees that I appreciated her generosity in letting me take her picture.

We have arrived home, and as expected the kids are now moping and have learned that being in the sun (a bit of vitamin D is always useful) or losing something of a material nature, can often defeat boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment