Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Side 2, unknown...

Those who aren't strong enough to hold the knife that they've written your name on will more than likely employ their best friend, SCARAMOUCH to do the job for them-Ja' Walker

I'm sure we've all been taught at a young age that it is better to forgive and forget. Turn the other cheek. Kill them with kindness. Don't hold grudges. But just how easy is it as imperfect humans to do so? Is it achievable in the least let alone the most?

About two weeks ago, my daughter and I sat down and talked about this subject. Not because it was an issue for her at that time but because it's the biblical thing to do. I told her when someone wrongs her to stay calm and remember that we all have and will offend someone in this lifetime. I also told her that it is much healthier to stay calm and let things go. No sooner than I had this talk with my daughter, I was stabbed in the back ten times over. Someone, that I once took under my arms, looked at as a younger sibling, and tried to protect, found it necessary to maliciously attempt to destroy my relationship with members of my family because I decided not to be that person that they once knew.

In a way, I blame myself for two reasons. One is because, I espied an abundance of this persons fingerprints that would have left the deepest of wounds due to carelessly French kissing with a tattle named, Incertitude. Two, just because someone feeds you spoonfuls of their life may mean that its only intent is to possibly poison those of yours. I've learned that when someone is at the lowest of the low in their life and they turn to you for that one word(s) to save them from their own malevolent hands, trying to appertain or relate, in some way with them, may have seemed to be all that was needed. However, when friendship is duly scavenged by "associate," madness is worse than the most intense cumulus clouds-associateD with severity. Puffiness. Hail (spell check the correct usage). Violent destructive whirling windED half truths. Your love, presence, and embrace should suffice, because if not, you're the one who will be the most confused, hurt, wronged, and left to ride the darkest cumulus cloud of them all-alone.

So what am I saying? Is your parents or my parents spoken words, unachievable? No. However, it just makes you recapture the other life lessons they tried to prepare you for. Watch who you keep company with, and that there is always two sides to a story. Even if you haven't had the pass to tell yours.

I now, almost feel a perfect calm after writing this blog. Mom and Pops, also said, "It will always come to the light." Vengeance is not mines. So for now, I'll smile and be happy for the many blessings I behold in front of me daily. And speaking of smiles, I'll too, remember that behind every one's smile isn't the same DNA as mine.

3 comments:

  1. When u reveal your true self to someone its like pouring a bit of yourselves into each other. Be careful that your flavor of beverage is to another's liking. It can become the sweetest honey or the most bitter of poisons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are so true. Poison it was!

    ReplyDelete