
It's a truth (maybe), that every blue moon we want company to come by. You get that lonely feeling...husband is busy, the children are at school, housework is done for the next 5 minutes (smile), and you're getting a little bored. And if you are anything like me, you hate television (excluding Basketball Wives or mostly anything on the ID. channel-shameful). So, you are sitting around and decide to invite a friend over, for a little big girl talk ( at this particular point big girl means not exposed to hours of infant, adolescent, or tween talk).
When you have a huge sectional that basically take up your entire room and has a zillion cushions and 7 throw pillows, how long do you think it takes to re fluff those cotton picking pillows? Strangely, someone decides to sit on the edge of three cushions at one time. Another reason to growl. I can remember growing up and not being allowed to sit on my parents "nice furniture." Therefore, when I pay someone a visit, I esteem it a privilege to sit on their furniture. Often times, I find it more comfortable sitting on the floor than the sofa anyways. That's if you have unsoiled flooring and I wont get up with twenty dust mites clinging to my backside.
Now, getting to the situation where I wished I'd bludgeoned myself for inviting this particular guest over was about a year back. The big girl phrase now becomes a bit literal. We had just come back from eating. The food was great. Hence, the full stomachs. Any who, she walked over to the sofa (mind you she is no Mary-Kate Olsen). The largish fanny pack that was strapped around her stomach from the lunch we'd just had, coupled with the her normal weight, weighed torturous on the spring on my couch so much so, that the next morning I realized it was broken.
To sum it up, (I realized she was full) but she plopped down on my couch, popped my spring, and engulfed herself in my throw pillows. To top it off, on her way out, no courtesy fluff.
Moral of the story, if you don't wish to stand the duration of your visit, sit on the floor, or let me get you a dinning room chair, RE FLUFF. Commonality in Southern hospitality. Until then, please don't contribute to this being my sofa on the side of the rode.
No comments:
Post a Comment